The civil war in Syria keep escalating into the territory of early warning scenarios for a new global perpetual war. The increased presence of Russian aerial, naval, and land based military in Syria demonstrate the fragility of a peacful resolution in the Middle East. The European security theater is far beyond the stage of saber rattling.
- Russian combat planes shadowed U.S. Predator drones over Syria three times last week via The Aviationist.
- Chinese Foreign Ministry says world should not ‘arbitrarily interfere’ in Syria via Reuters.
- Iran troops to join Syria war, Russia bombs group trained by CIA via Reuters.
- Israel Worries About Russia’s Intervention in Syria via War Is Boring.
- Putin and the Shiite ‘Axis of Resistance’ via TheHill.
- Bavaria in Germany overwhelmed by more than 225,000 refugees in one month from Austria via Deutsche Welle.